06 September 2009

Facecrooks and twits

So I'm trying to distract myself from the fury that is doing a little dance on the back of my neck right now. I've tried a bunch of crap today, just to get my mind off the problems and back on track with my "day off". You know it's getting bad when your weekdays and weekends are really all the same, but some days you're in the office and some days you're not.

I thought I'd take a look at some of the popular social networking sites of the moment. I was intrigued because I thought someone sent me an invite, but it turns out their account automatically invited me.

Now more than ever, you must read every single thing on your screen before clicking next. The D-Bags at these sites like to sneak things in that normally, in the physical world, you'd kick someone's teeth in for.

So I sign up, and before I even hit step 4 these crap apps are asking me for the password to my email accounts. Well sure, while you're at it here are the keys to my house, car, my social security number, photo albums, and hey, would you like some coffee also?

The nerve of them trying to make it easy for you by asking for your email password so they can email all the people in your address book and spread viruses and other internet filth. Is there no end to what personal information you will be asked for? I wouldn't even ask my closest people for their email password, but step 3 has the balls to.

Don't join. Don't sign up. If you do, use caution and protection like it's a $2, well you know the saying.

Isn't instant messaging, txt, VOIP type stuff enough to stay in touch anymore? We need to voluntarily upload our lives to a reporting agency under the guise of a friend site? This is getting to be too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment