26 August 2009

Angry day

Not for me, but today was an angry day. I'll admit I had some tense moments, but not anything close to the rage I would see several times throughout the day.

I felt kind of crappy today so I was somewhat mellow. It wasn't a really hot day or a really crappy day or anything like that. Nonetheless, I came across no less than 5 different altercations today, and I was afraid one of them would turn into a mob scene when a couple of D-Bags jumped the line for the bus. My bus line is about 120 people crammed into a small area with no air conditioning, this would have gotten ugly.

It is times like this I am thankful that I have my angry under control. The discipline of mad-fu has paid off many times over, but today I realized just how much. I was able to notice something really amazing today, people look really stupid when they're worked up in a rage fighting, verbally or otherwise.

There is something to be said for being assertive, being cool and collected, and getting your point across in a manly way. There is also something to be said for restraint and picking which battles are worth your time if you possibly end up in court or a hospital.

Screaming "NO CUTSIES" in a sweaty rage down a terminal... not cool. Walking all the way up to the front of the line to tell them off, then you yourself cut in line since you're up there, not cool.

There's a right way and a wrong way to be confrontational and there are times and places. If you don't know the difference, just don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment